OpenWRT Sierra EM7455 drops connection while driving

Nick mips171 at icloud.com
Wed Dec 19 22:49:12 UTC 2018

Hey,

By default (at least for me) ModemManager uses proto static to set up the network interface.  Linksensing is disabled by default for static protocols as far as netifd is concerned, but you an override this by setting option force_link ‘0’ on the modemmanager interface.  When this is set the connection will be brought back to life when reconnection of the modem occurs.

I have not tested this while driving, but it does work in a static location whereas before it would not recover after such an event, (e.g. disconnecting the antennas).  Test it out and let us know.

Best,
Nicholas