MM 1.6.4-1 armel with PHS8, only grabs ports wwan and cdc-wdm0.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Jan 12 14:04:17 UTC 2018

Hoola Ana,

> is there a reason why my embedded MM 1.6.4-1 only grabs these two ports
> (wwan and cdc-wdm0) of the PHS8?

This is very likely because the kernel itself didn't expose the TTY
ports. Do you see the ttyUSBx interfaces in this setup? Which kernel
version are you using here?

> If I connect the PHS8 to my PC with the same version, it grabs no wwan
> port but cdc-wdm, wwp0s26u1u2i4 and ttyUSB0-ttyUSB3.

The wwp0s26u1u2i4 port is just the same wwan0 port you see in the
embedded setup, just a different name given by the systemd predictable
interface names logic.

Cheers!