Getting MC7455 static-ip to work

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Mar 4 12:50:47 UTC 2018

Hey!

> Managed to figure it out - things only work if the interface is in raw_ip mode:
>
> sudo sh -c 'echo Y > /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip'
>
> Would appreciate if there's a way to get ModemManager to set this
> automatically, and I'm sort of curious about the mode that the
> interface is in if it isn't raw_ip mode.
>
> Barring that, hopefully others don't have to make the same mistake. :)

That should have been automatic. If the module is found to use raw-ip
by default (as in the MC7455, which is the only mode supported), then
ModemManager will request the kernel to switch the interface into
raw-ip mode (qmi_device_set_expected_data_format(raw-ip)).

Which version of MM/libqmi are you using?