Setting up 4G in D-Link DWM-222 (was Re: 4G USB dongles known to work on Linux)

Henrique Ferreiro henrique.ferreiro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:19:08 UTC 2018

> >            |          state: 'connected'
> >            |    power state: 'on'
> >            |    access tech: 'lte'
> >            | signal quality: '62' (recent)
>
> Well, that means you're connected in LTE :)

That makes sense :-) I got confused by very slow connection rates. Anyway,
is it expected not to connect when changing the current capabilities to lte
only?

I have an additional problem. I have two SIM cards from different network
providers but the modem is connected to any of those without matching the
correct provider. May this be due to a limitation of the modem driver which
cannot read the relevant data from the SIM card? I noticed this info in the
journal:

ModemManager[1880]: <warn>  couldn't load Operator identifier: 'Couldn't
get home network: QMI protocol error (16): 'NotProvisioned''
ModemManager[1880]: <warn>  couldn't load Operator name: 'Couldn't get home
network: QMI protocol error (16): 'NotProvisioned''
ModemManager[1880]: <warn>  couldn't load list of Own Numbers: 'Couldn't
get MSISDN: QMI protocol error (16): 'NotProvisioned''

Thanks.

--
> Aleksander
> https://aleksander.es