Prevent MM form using a specific modem serial port

Jose, Shijo Shijo.Jose at hughes.com
Thu Mar 15 17:26:44 UTC 2018

>> How do prevent MM from accessing one or all of the serial ports?
>>
>> I have tried adding udev rules for MM to ignore only the serial ports
>> but this does not work
>>
>> KERNEL=="ttyACM*", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
>>

>Try with ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE.

>And remember to re-trigger udev events (or rebooting) after adding the tag:
>$ sudo udevadm control --reload
>$ sudo udevadm trigger

>Also, you may want to upgrade to 1.8-rc1 or at least the latest 1.6.x version. There should not be any reason to stay at 1.6.4.

Thanks for your quick response! It works
Another question, does MM need to use the serial ports for proper functioning?
Does it use the serial ports to initially send some mandatory AT commands besides poring them?
In other words, is it okay to have MM ignore all the ports except MBIM capable port?

Thanks,
Shijo