IPv4 config for QMI modem

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Thu Nov 8 18:26:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

> Could you try requesting for an IP4-only connection (flagging as
> disabled the IPv6 settings explicitly)? Looks like the IPv4 setup
> succeeds and the IPv6 setup fails. Not saying that is the only fix
> needed, because I believe the modem should allow the IPv4 setup even
> if the IPv6 fails, but who knows.

I just disabled IPv6 which makes the CallFailed errors disappear from the ModemManager log. The NetworkManager still hangs at the DHCP step though. How is this supposed to work with QMI modems? Does NetworkManager send a DHCP discover via the data connection or is there some sort of interaction between libqmi and NetworkManager?

I wonder if this has anything to do with those errors or what they’re caused by:

couldn't load SIM identifier: 'Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported''
couldn't load IMSI: 'Couldn't get UIM IMSI: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported''
couldn't load list of Own Numbers: 'Couldn't get MSISDN: QMI protocol error (16): 'NotProvisioned''
could not load SIM identifier: Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported' (3 retries left)
could not load SIM identifier: Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported' (2 retries left)
could not load SIM identifier: Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported' (1 retries left)
could not load SIM identifier: Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported'
Error checking if SIM was swapped: 'Couldn't get UIM ICCID: QMI protocol error (94): 'NotSupported''
Couldn't load Operator Name: 'Current operator description is still unknown’

Best regards,
Sven