The loading order of plugins

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Oct 9 11:34:30 UTC 2018

>> BUT, why is it that the modem cannot be supported by the Cinterion
>> plugin? Which are the commands that are different? Can the Cinterion
>> plugin not be updated to support this new model as well?
>>
> Then AT command such as "AT^SQPORT?" is not supported by "Cinterion Gemalto ELS61". And The response message of command "AT+CFUN?" is in the format "+CFUN: 1, 0", which is different from other modem.
> The main reason that the modem cannot be supported by the Cinterion plugin is that the modem needs extra steps before connecting.
> But there're still some modems work well with the Cinterion plugin, so I think its difficult to update the Cinterion plugin to support all those modems.

If you already have a working plugin supporting this modem, could you
post your branch somewhere so that we can review it and see whether it
makes sense to merge it into the generic cinterion plugin? IMO none of
the reasons above would justify having a completely new plugin, I'm
sure the generic plugin could be adjusted to work properly with this
one as well.