Setting modem modes back to default ("allowed: 2g, 3g, 4g; preferred: none")

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 23:29:04 UTC 2019

Hello to everybody!!

I am facing a little issue with MM - in particular setting modem modes.

My QMI-based modem was set to the following state at the beginning:

current: allowed: 2g, 3g, 4g; preferred: none

But now, I am not able to set it back to this state.
In particular, MM doesn't list this combination amongst the supported ones, and so specifying a preference becomes mandatory whenever more than one mode is supplied.

So:
mmcli -m 1 --set-allowed-modes="2g"

works, as does
mmcli -m 1 --set-allowed-modes="3g"

but once I add a second mode:
mmcli -m 1 --set-allowed-modes="3g|4g"
I get an error message:
The given combination of allowed and preferred modes is not supported'

I tried also using the "any" value, with no success so far.
I guess I am doing something wrong or using the wrong keywords. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Enrico