Huawei ME909s-120 modem goes offline and disappears

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Dec 10 09:26:59 UTC 2019

Hey,

> I am testing a device Management Framework named balenaOS on a couple of Edge devices. Networking is managed by ModemManager/NetworkManager. After a couple of hours my device (Raspberry CM3 based) goes offline, having no Internet Connection via LTE any more. When I connect to the device via LAN, I can see that the modem has disappeared:
>

> root at 9d52738:~# mmcli -L
>
> No modems were found

This could indicate a timing problem after re-probing the modem ports
if the modem rebooted itself. If all TTY ports are exposed but MM
doesn't handle the modem, that's a good explanation. We would need MM
debug logs to check this further, could you setup the daemon to run
--debug (and e.g. --log-file=[PATH] to avoid using syslog, if your
system log is being rotated)