automatic APN selection

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:08:36 UTC 2019

Tim & Belisko,

My team still has a feature like this on our product road map. Right now
we've been waiting for the next FW release, which has as part of our
analytics suite, the ability to gather basic APN & context info(& we have
presence in ~55+ countries). We plan on cross referencing this against the
AOSP, to build a hint type dbus helper, that given an MCC/MNC could provide
a small focused selection of cell config's to the user to choice from. If
you wanted to do auto from there it'd be pretty simple I think. Our team is
pretty small and moves slowly though, and I don't think we'll get to this
until next quarter. I have no reason we couldn't share it as an OS project.

Cheers