How to add a button for ModemManager on Ubuntu GUI

ηŽ‹ι“δΉ‹ lingzangwuhen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:23:17 UTC 2019

Hey
Recently I am doing some test development on ModemManager.
There is a requirement that add a button on the Ubuntu GUI to set IP
family(ipv4 or ipv6) of the ModemManager.(Just for test now)
Here are my questions:
1.The Ubuntu desktop GUI button should be a Dbus client? Or how the button
communication with the ModemManager?
2.After a Modem be created in ModemManager, we can find the menu for MM in
the GUI. Is the menu as a Dbus client connect to NetworkManager or just
connect with ModemManager?
3.How to judge the GUI setting has sent to ModemManager? I have no idea to
read the what is going on in the ModemManager Dbus session.

I have search the questions on Internet, but not get the answer.(Maybe the
search info not exact) Thanks for your any help information!

Quincy