connect using a specific PDP CID

Taff, Philip Philip.Taff at itron.com
Fri Mar 8 17:42:37 UTC 2019

I'm trying to use ModemManager 1.8.2 with a Verizon LTE Cat-M1 modem. Verizon requires using PDP context #3 for the internet connection. I read the thread from 2017 (https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/modemmanager-devel/2017-May/004663.html) in which a patch was proposed to handle this case in ModemManager, but saw that the thread ended with a plan to develop a new API for managing profiles instead of that patch.

But I haven't been able to find this new API, and it doesn't look like the original patch was applied either. Is this profile management API available in 1.8.2, or in a newer version? How do I force ModemManager to use PDP context #3 for the internet connection?

-Philip