Linker not picking up right mbim-glib location

Cathy Logan logancathy33 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 19:48:19 UTC 2019

Hi -

Thought I'd gotten through all the issues, but have one more that I can't
seem to figure out:

Have built and installed mbim-glib 1.18.0 in /usr/local/lib (as well as
qmi-glib).
Using ./configure of :
./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/libqmi-glib.so.5 -lqmi-glib
-L/usr/local/lib/libmbim-glib.so.4 -lmbim-glib"

Configure works fine and says it sees mbim-glib, but then make fails with:
/bin/grep: /usr/lib/libmbim-glib.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libmbim-glib.la: No such file or directory
libtool:   error: '/usr/lib/libmbim-glib.la' is not a valid libtool archive

I can't figure out why it continues to look in /usr/lib and not
/usr/local/lib. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.