Linker not picking up right mbim-glib location

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Mar 11 10:29:16 UTC 2019

> Do I continue to configure the ModemManager install the same following that? Now running ModemManager --debug gives me the following error:
> ModemManager: symbol lookup error: ModemManager: undefined symbol: mm_gdbus_modem3gpp_set_initial_eps_bearer

If you're installing in /usr/local, then you will also need to tell
your binaries where the shared libraries are, e.g.:
$ sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin/ModemManager --debug

But please note that this may only work properly if you also have a
system-installed ModemManager in /usr, as you need the DBus service
files in the proper places, not under /usr/local...