Start ModemManager service after Polkit service

Stelling2 Carsten Carsten.Stelling2 at goerlitz.com
Tue Mar 12 16:30:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

Occasionally, I can see that the ModemManager service starts before Polkit service, which results in D-Bus errors (permission denied).

To prevent this wrong start order during boot, I've added 'Requires=polkit.service' and 'After=polkit.service' to MM's systemd unit file.

[Unit]
Description=Modem Manager
Requires=polkit.service
After=polkit.service syslog.target

It would be fine, if the "service installer" adds the polkit.service dependency, if MM is compiled with --with-polkit=yes.

I've installed ModemManager 1.10.0 on my target using the Yocto Project (with a modified recipe to change from 1.8.2 to 1.10.0).
But, I think this has nothing to do with the content of the unit file.

Best regards,

Carsten