Issues with IPv4v6 and IPv6 on openwrt with a Quectel EG06-E

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 8 08:42:26 UTC 2019

Hey Amol,

> Is this behaviour ("NoEffect" error) specific to Quectel EG06-E modem or you think it's a general issue across all modems?

Until now, we would see the "NoEffect" error on a WDS Start Network
response when the network was already connected. E.g. if the modem has
autoconnect enabled and it's already connected by the time you
manually run WDS Start Network, then we would see the NoEffect error.
I think it's the first time I've seen that error only in the IPv6
client setup and not in the IPv4 client setup, although it's true that
I have also not tested anything IPv6 related much myself either...