Regression regarding ip_type when updating from 1.10.4 to 1.12.0

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Nov 15 07:54:31 UTC 2019

Nick B <nickberry17 at icloud.com> writes:

> Ah right, I see the problem now.  I think Dan’s suggestions would help
> tremendously.
>
> Nevertheless, I tried ipv4v6 on Optus and Telstra in Australia.  On
> Telstra I get both, on Optus I’ll only get IPv4.  Specifying IPv6 on
> Optus yields no connection.  So maybe it’s working?

This is how it is supposed to work.  IPV4V6 can also get you an IPV6
only session in case your APN is set up without IPv4.  There's a table
showing all the combinations here:
https://mobilepacketcore.com/pdp-type-gprs/

So IPV4V6 should always work and will give the optimal result.

The only problem is that it was introduced very late, in release 8 I
believe.  So there is a slight possibiliy that is unsupported in a 3G or
2G network.  Then you'll have to fall back to IP or IPV6 on the client
side.

Bjørn