hp-lt4132 'unavailable' in NetworkManager on Debian 10

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 13:07:46 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-09-11 at 10:10 +0000, Focke Christian wrote:
> Hi Aleksander,
>
> Thanks; I have no idea how to do that because NM is broken with
> regard to the hp-lt4132.
>
> -- I already shared the NM logs; should I possibly also share the NM
> configuration? Which files?

Can you start up fresh, and then:

systemctl stop ModemManager
systemctl restart NetworkManager
nmcli gen log level trace
systemctl start ModemManager

and then grab logs again? I'd like to see things from the start of when
NM finds the modem.

Also, when you connect the modem through NM, does 'nmcli dev' still
show the cdc-wdm device as "unavailable"?

Dan