Send AT commands with ModemManager Debug Mode

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Apr 28 12:20:23 UTC 2020

Hola Mónica,

> I am using EM7455 module and I would like to send AT commands using mmcli and ModemManager in Debug mode.
>

> Is there any problem to use this functionality when the modem is in failed state because of sim missing?
>
> I couldn’t send any commands because the answer is always the same:
>

> :~# mmcli -m 0 --command=AT+GMM
>
> error: command failed: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.WrongState: modem in failed state'

That was fixed some months ago in the following commit:

commit 28869463a1f93d980c72ae4e8c7997c9be899535
Author: Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es>
Date:   Tue Dec 3 09:55:07 2019 +0100

    iface-modem: allow Command() while in Failed state

    Allow the generic command API while in FAILED state, in case the modem
    integrator has some special commands to recover the device.

    Fixes https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/issues/163

The commit was not included in any stable release yet, I've just
cherry-picked it to the mm-1-12 branch and so it will be available in
1.12.10.