Huawei MS2372h-158/518 initialisation issues

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Aug 2 08:21:06 UTC 2020

Hey,

> I used minicom directly on the TTY (0 and 2), the failures remain on both models for the AT commands used during MM device init and they are systematic (like MM).
>
> On ttyUSB2 interface, I see periodically unsolicited responses such as:
> ^RSSI: 18
> ^CERSSI:0,0,255,-101,-12,7,32639,32639,32639,
> ^ANLEVEL:0,99,18,4,101,12
> ^HCSQ:"LTE",45,40,136,16
>
> On both TTY, some other AT commands such as ^SYSCFGEX, ^SYSINFOEX or +CREG work but most (even basic ones) don't.
>
> AT^SYSINFOEX
> ^SYSINFOEX:2,3,0,1,0,6,"LTE",101,"LTE"
> OK
> AT+CSQ
> +CSQ: 17,99
> OK
> ATI
> ERROR

What about "AT+CPIN?"? Does this command also fail in both TTYs?

Does this modem have a built-in webadmin system that may be accessible
via a web browser? Maybe this device is some kind of "hybrid" new
model that provides TTYs only for monitoring, and the device control
is done with a web browser or something like that. Wouldn't be
surprised.