libmbim 1.24.0 slowing down MM startup

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Jul 7 13:02:10 UTC 2020

Hey,

> I'm testing 1.14.0 and finding that libmbim has significantly slowed down MM startup. I'm using EM7565 in MBIM mode. Please see below snippets from log which highlight the delay. As you can see "couldn't load carrier config; couldn't load SUPL; assistance data" are causing this slowness.

This looks like QMI over MBIM indications not working properly, how strange.

Could you retry debug logging but also including mbim-proxy logs? E.g.:

// stop ModemManager and make sure mbim-proxy is not running
$ sudo /usr/libexec/mbim-proxy --verbose --no-exit
// in another terminal, start ModemManager in debug mode