Issues registering in network when changing from one operator to another

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Jul 9 08:33:58 UTC 2020

Hey Alejandro,

> I am developing an application making use of libmm-glib high level API and I am using a EM7455 Sierra Wireless modem. The modem is working under MBIM mode (usb-composition).
>
> I believe the issue I am experiencing is related to the change of operator / SIM card. The scenario is the following:
>
> The first SIM card I introduce is able to register in the network and connect using the APN I specify in order to establish a connection.
> I tell the modem to change the SIM card via internal AT command and I perform a system reboot (just to ensure everything starts fresh)

With system reboot you mean a modem reboot? Or a host system reboot?

> After the reboot and after waiting some time (>5-10 minutes) the Modem is not able to register in any network and the signal quality is never updated.

As you said, this should have been automatic. There's no state stored
in MM that would affect this IF you did a full host system reboot OR a
full modem reset. In both those cases, any state associated with the
earlier exposed modem would have gone.

To me this looks like a problem with the actual SIM card. Have you
tried to start with that 2nd SIM card first, and switch to the
original one to see what happens?