LTE attach settings

Giacinto Cifelli gciofono at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:25:47 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I need to set up the default LTE bearer settings: APN, type of APN,
authentication parameters, in the Cinterion plugin.

And for this, I am going to add the two methods:
    void     (* set_initial_eps_bearer_settings)
(MMIfaceModem3gpp     *self, ..
    gboolean (* set_initial_eps_bearer_settings_finish)
(MMIfaceModem3gpp     *self, ..

Is this the right way to do it? I see that nobody implemented it so
far. Is this called for mbim or qmi?

I will have to run the following sequence:
-        go in AT+CFUN=4 (airplane mode with SIM connected). This is
necessary because the CID might be locked or not taken into account
immediately (in case there is an attach attempt ongoing).
-        set AT+CGDCONT for the right CID (normally 1)
-        set AT^SGAUTH for the same CID

Is this ok to you?

Instead of CFUN=4/1 also COPS=2/0 could be used, but I prefer the former.

Regards,
Giacinto