Reg Adding GPS NMEA & GPS RAW Capabilities to get GPS location using mmcli

Ramu ramumr06 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:20:39 UTC 2020

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for the explanation.. Will try for GPGGA with antenna ...

1. Able to display nmea traces with *gps-nmea ..*

mmcli -m 0 --location-status
  ------------------------
  Location | capabilities: 3gpp-lac-ci, gps-raw, gps-nmea, gps-unmanaged
           |      enabled: 3gpp-lac-ci, gps-raw, gps-nmea
           |      signals: no
  ------------------------
  GPS      | refresh rate: 30 seconds

root at tcs-imx6:~# mmcli -m 0 --location-get
  --------------------------
  3GPP |      operator code: 404
       |      operator name: 49
       | location area code: 0000
       | tracking area code: C4E3
       |            cell id: 0DE0010B
  --------------------------
  GPS  |               nmea: $GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*32
       |                     $GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N,V*29
       |                     $GPGLL,,,,,,V,N*64
       |                     $GPVTG,,T,,M,,N,,K,N*2C
       |                     $GPGGA,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,*66

2.   For *gps-unmanaged *
mmcli -m 0 --location-status
  ------------------------
  ------------------------
  GPS      | refresh rate: 30 seconds
root at tcs-imx6:~# mmcli -m 0 --location-get
  --------------------------
  3GPP |      operator code: 404
       |      operator name: 49
       | location area code: 0000
       | tracking area code: C4E3
       |            cell id: 0DE0010B

3. *For gps-raw : *
mmcli -m 0 --location-status
  ------------------------
  ------------------------
  GPS      | refresh rate: 30 seconds
root at tcs-imx6:~# mmcli -m 0 --location-get
  3GPP |      operator code: 404
       |      operator name: 49
       | location area code: 0000
       | tracking area code: C4E3