Location Assistance Servers

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Mar 12 10:17:30 UTC 2020

Hey Amol,

> Is there any way to disable XTRA location assistance? From where modemmanager receives assistance servers information? Is this comes from the modem? I see requests to download these files on cellular link. Who starts the download? Is it modemmanager or modem?

Are you really seeing download attempts for those XTRA paths in the
mobile link? That doesn't make sense to me. The modem firmware
shouldn't be doing that IMO, because the whole purpose of the XTRA
paths is to download them by other means (e.g. WiFi) and then inject
them to the modem. I guess for some reason the modem itself may be
doing that by itself? It's definitely not something triggered by
ModemManager.