Memory leak when unref MMManager object

Adrien Maumont adrien.maumont at evbox.com
Fri Mar 13 09:42:00 UTC 2020

Hi ModemManager developers.

I need your help to resolve a memory leak problem. I make some tests with a
little and simple software:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{

    MMManager *manager;
    GError *error = NULL;
    GDBusConnection *connection = g_bus_get_sync(G_BUS_TYPE_SYSTEM, NULL,
&error);

    while(1){

        manager = mm_manager_new_sync(connection,

G_DBUS_OBJECT_MANAGER_CLIENT_FLAGS_DO_NOT_AUTO_START,
                                      NULL, &error);
        g_object_unref(manager);
        sleep(1);
    }
}

After each loop the memory usage is increased by 4 kB, the object manager
doest not seem to be free.

This problem with g_object_unref() appears only with objects with MMManager
type.

Thanks.

Maumont Adrien.