5G support in ModemManager

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Mar 25 17:30:46 UTC 2020

Hey!

I've received a Fibocom FM150 5G module (thanks Fibocom!), and have
been able to integrate all the 5G related specific bits in
ModemManager, applicable to the default QMI modem implementation.

The integration includes a new 5GNR capability, a new 5G mode, and
also the possibility to select allowed/preferred modes in the usual
way for QMI modems using NAS Set System Selection Preference. I've
also included AT command specific bits where appropriate, although all
that logic is less tested.

Anyone wanting to review or give this a try, please see:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/merge_requests/259

Given that it's implemented for the generic QMI modem, it should also
work for any other branded 5G capable Qualcomm based device, so
testing very welcome!