Issue with modem detection EM7455

Alejandro Vega alexvega48 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:27:42 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I am developing an application making use of libmm-glib high level API and
I am using a EM7455 Sierra Wireless modem.

At the moment the modem is working under MBIM mode (usb-composition) and I
have created a *udev rule* so that the ModemManager ignores the modem's AT
port ( USB_INTERFACE 3) and I am able to send specific configuration
commands to it:

SUBSYSTEM=="tty",ACTION=="change|move",ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="1199",
ENV{ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM}=="03", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"

SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ACTION=="add", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="1199",
ENV{ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM}=="03", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1",
RUN+="/etc/udev/scripts/my_script.sh"

The issue I am experiencing , which I don't know if it may be related with
this, is that *in some cases* (even after a host system reboot) the
*ModemManager
is not able to list my modem* (*mmcli -L*), even though it is available in
the system via lsusb command. I try to force a modems scan with (*mmcli -S*)
but it does not seem to work.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what I need to do to avoid this ?

Thank you very much, any help will be appreciated.

--
Kind regards,

Alejandro Vega