答复: Quectel EG21 modem QMI connection works but MM fallbacks to ttyUSB2 as primary port

Carl Yin(殷张成) carl.yin at quectel.com
Thu Nov 26 02:25:16 UTC 2020

Hi Rafal:
	For you are using EC21, the upstream qmi_wwan driver is enough.
	If the EC21's VID and PID is not in the qmi_wwan.c products table, you just need add it, as next:
	{QMI_QUIRK_SET_DTR(0x2c7c, 0x0121, 4)},	/* Quectel EC21 Mini PCIe */

	If you are using LTE-A or 5G modules, it is recomment to use MBIM (set by at+qcfg="usbnet", 2 )
	(for these modems, it is recomment or mandatory to use "QMAP" fucntion, but not well support by the upsream qmi_wwan)

Hi Aleksander:
	Quectel has lot of customers, and most of them are use system like openwrt, android, others embedded -linux.
	and the kernel version used is usually is V3.x,V4.x.
	it will spend very much time (for quectel-self and customers):
			 if we appiled patch to the upstream qmi_wwan driver, and back-port the driver to the customer's kernel.
	So we directly povide qmi_wwan_q.c, suitable for ALL kernel versions (V3.2 and later), the customers just need 'copy + paste' it.