ANN: ModemManager 1.18.4 released

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Dec 2 15:27:55 UTC 2021

On 12/2/21 10:24 AM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey
>
>>> Could you please test the following single patch on top of 1.18.4?
>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/merge_requests/700
>>>

>> I ran through a couple of test cases and this appear to be doing the right
>> thing. Thanks.
>>

> Thanks for testing, will merge and backport to 1.18.x

It does occur to me that, udev rules not being the most robust things (In my
experience anyway), that there could be conditions where devices being reported
are not quite ready, leading to certain race conditions, or at least the
occasional, in this case, still deciding to use PPP.

This is circumstantial speculation on my part of course, but it fits with
what I've seen. You'll have to comment on the exact behavior.