OpenWRT, MondemManager, Sierra EM7455, IP passthrough

James Thomas James.h.thomas at outlook.com
Sat Dec 4 18:31:03 UTC 2021

Evening all,

I’ve been racking my brains trying to figure out how I might, in OpenWRT, get modemmanager and netifd to ‘passthrough’ the IP assigned in the bearer when making an mbim connection to a client connecting to eth1.

My aim, as I’m sure is apparent, is to make OpenWRT transparent to the device connected to eth1 whilst granting that device access to the data connection made through modemmanager, OpenWRT and the Sierra EM7455 card.

Any advice / guidance / help is gratefully received!

Jay