Faster resume probing

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Feb 1 08:36:28 UTC 2021

> > I think we need to understand why, in the case of suspend/resume
> > cycle and using only QMI, we're not receiving and processing the WMS
> > indications properly:
> > * As said above, does the host even awake when the SMS arrives and
> > we're using QMI?
> > * Is it any different (host awaking) when using AT?
> > * Or is it that when using AT the URCs are queued in the modem and
> > once the host is awake later on we end up reading them correctly? And
> > if so, why is this not happening in the same way with QMI?
>
> * The host is still in it's resuming phase when the QMI indication
> comes in.
> * AT URCs are cached by the modem until the host is fully resumed. This
> is controlled by the eg25-manager.

Had to look that up :) So, that EG25Manager is sending
AT+QCFG="urc/cache",1 to enable the URC cache before when suspending,
and disables that upon resume.

When you say the QMI indication comes in while we're resuming and not
fully ready, does that mean those USB packets are lost and never read?
or not read properly because the USB layer isn't ready to read them?
Or that they're not even sent to the host by the modem?