please help me to understand whats is going on, connected byt ping -I wwan0 wp.pl is not woprking no network istead.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Jan 29 14:11:16 UTC 2021

Hey!

> > > Alexsander already gave you the link, fill an issue in gitlab (
> > > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/ModemManager/-/issues
> > > ) and check the tickbox saying "This issue is confidential and
> > > should only be visible to team members with at least Reporter
> > > access."
> >
> > Wrong link :) This is the one:
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/issues
> >
> > @Thomas Haller any reason why there's a ModemManager repo fork under
> > the NetworkManager group umbrella? Looks like it may bring confusion
> >

> Hi,
>

> No strong reason, except that NetworkManager community member (rightly)
> don't have push permission to ModemManager, so in the past we could
> push a branch to NetworkManager/ModemManager and open a merge-request
> from there. It seems a common thing to do. See also NetworkManager's
> github site ([1]) which also has forks of various other projects.

Oh, that's because you all still use the upstream NetworkManager repo
for your personal branches, right? E.g. you don't usually do per-user
forks of the upstream repo for the core devs. So you as a group would
push to your MM fork in the same way as any other person would push to
their own personal forks. That's understandable I guess. In MM
upstream repo I did a full cleanup of all personal branches we had
there, so that any time a user forks the repo, they get a fully clean
repo (master plus stable branches only) without the personal garb..
branches of the core devs.

BTW, I believe you're the only core NM dev who doesn't have push
rights to the upstream MM repo :) I'm going to add you right away, but
if pushing merge requests to review, please don't use the upstream
repo itself, your your personal fork or the fork in the NetworkManager
group.