Static vs DHCP setups from ModemManager in OpenWrt

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Jul 15 14:06:38 UTC 2021

On 7/15/21 9:57 AM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey,

> You should never need to do that really. If the setup works again
> after restarting MM, there may be some additional thing to fix
> somewhere in MM itself.

No doubt; however, I require a short term solution that robustly
reconnects, even if it takes a lot of cycling. Happy to test
any future improvements or provide any debug of course.

> That could be an indication that the modem crashed and self-reseted.

That is very likely.

>> After restart of ModemManager and then ifup wwan, reconnection is successful.
>>

> Strange. What modem is this?

This is a modem my company makes, but it's a Quectel chipset.  If you need
any debug or whatever, let me know.