Is there a mean of blocking SMS within the modem manager?

Eric Caruso ejcaruso at chromium.org
Fri Jul 16 13:56:57 UTC 2021

I think this is considered out-of-scope -- ModemManager expects that
whatever higher-level program displaying SMS to the user upon receipt would
take care of functionality like blocking a number. To my understanding
ModemManager does not keep persistent state that is e.g. configurable by
the user over D-Bus, and it's a design goal not to have such state and to
leave "policy" decisions to other programs.

-Eric