5G QMI modem recommendation

Nick mips171 at icloud.com
Mon Jun 14 11:34:23 UTC 2021

Hey,

I have tried the RM500Q but the speeds were really poor in QMI mode (only about 20Mbps sometimes!) and even in MBIM mode it’s about 150Mbps slower than when using qmi_wwan_q and Quectel Connection Manager.  It’s a big disappointment as MM and qmicli are so feature rich and so much better.  Did anyone else notice something similar, or am I probably doing something wrong?

By the way, I can test with a SIMCOM 5G modem too if anyone is interested.

Best,
Nick