Snapdragon X55 (Thinkpad X1 Nano w/5G Modem)

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue May 11 08:19:38 UTC 2021

Hey,

> I'm not really familiar with this, but some vendors also implement a
> specific vendor one-shot AT command for unlocking the modem, not sure
> this is the case though.

As in here for the Fibocom LG850 in Lenovo laptops:
https://github.com/xmm7360/xmm7360-usb-modeswitch

But those commands I assume are vendor/module specific as they're
touching NVM, I don't think those will work for the SDX55. If the
SDX20 had QMI commands to unlock, I would assume the SDX55 also has
QMI commands.

> Have you tried to start the modem on Windows? and then on Linux/Ubuntu?

While this may be a solution for this user, it's not a complete
solution I'm afraid. Speaking as someone who ordered (on Sunday) a X1
Carbon Gen9 with the SDX55 module and *without* Windows
preinstalled... :)