Odd MM Bearer behavior

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed May 26 07:53:08 UTC 2021

Hey

> Hi Aleksander, hoping to ask another favor on this same thread.  You helped me fix profile [1] which worked perfectly (thanks again), but the device recently lost connection and tried to re-establish after reset where it seems to be trying to connect to profile [4] and recycling through the same bearer increase loop.   I say this because in mmcli -m 0, the access tech: umts which looks like it was my profile [4], not profile [1].  Is there a way to force it to connect to a specific profile at boot?  If not, how do we manually force to connect to the correct profile? Logs below.

When on 3G instead of 4G, there is no such thing as the "initial EPS
bearer", there is no attach APN in 3G (so there should be no explicit
need of correctly having profile [1] configured). This means that the
only APN being used in the module will be the one you specify during
the connection attempt. Maybe the APN you're using cannot be used if
in 3G?