Modem reset handling

Radu C rcernea at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:18:20 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am writing an application that handles (multiple) LTE modems (currently
using Sierra EM7455, but it is intended to be generic). The application
makes calls to libmm-glib (version 1.12) to handle various modem actions.

To reset the modem it calls mm_modem_reset_sync. The call returns TRUE.
However, the modem has not yet been reset, and if I attempt other operation
with the modem too soon, they will later fail with the error message:

GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.libqmi.Error.Core.Timeout: Transaction timed
out.

Also I noticed that the modem DBus path changes after each modem reset:

/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/2 --> reset -->
/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/3

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to know when the modem is ready after it comes out of the
reset? Or what is the best way to handle the reset?

2. Is it possible to reset the modem, and have the DBus path not change?

Thank you,
Radu