AT+CREG? Response empty

Dusan Radic dusrad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:23:41 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I have encountered an issue using ModemManager 1.16.8 via dbus.
In my case there is a need to send periodic AT commands to a Cinterion
modem to get infos about connection.
For example AT^SMONI is ok and the response is not empty. However I would
like to get also the response from AT+CREG?. But the response comes back
empty. If I start the ModemManager in debug mode the output of the +CREG?
can be seen in the debug window in the form:
<-- '<CR><LF>+CREG:
2,1, and so on
Which implies that the response of +CREG? on dbus is probably not parsed
correctly. However I am not familiar with the ModemManager internals and
would kindly ask if someone can clarify this?

P.S. I can confirm the same behavior for version 1.15.0 too

Best regards,
Dusan