Extending OpenWRt ModemManager protocol handler

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:32:58 UTC 2022

Hello!!

So here I am at my second attempt to build a solution to enable multi-modems and multi-bearers usage in OpenWRt, with re-connection handling for persistent connectivity.

This time I wrote a simpler application which only monitors existing bearers, and tries to keep them connected.
An helper script is invoked whenever a bearer is added, connected, disconnected or removed.
Was wondering for what could be the best path forward for reusing existing modemmanager protocol handler in this scenario.
I plan to post the app to some git hosting site once it's in a more mature form.
Thanks for the help and feedback!

Enrico