Extending OpenWRt ModemManager protocol handler

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Jan 11 12:00:44 UTC 2022

Hey,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 11:47 AM Enrico Mioso <mrkiko.rs at gmail.com> wrote:

> With this architecture it will be netifd itself that retries?

Yes. Or at least it could be netifd doing it, if you don't have any
other monitoring application.

> Is already there a way that provides an indication for netifd to wait some time before retrying? Trying to bring a bearer back up immediately might not be so much productive.

I agree, immediate reconnection attempts are not always desirable.
Also, there should be a way to configure the amount of retries so that
they're not infinite, or if keep on retrying after some time (e.g.
retry 5 times with 20s between retries and if they all fail, wait 10
minutes before restarting the new retry cycle). NetworkManager has all
those kind of settings, but truth be told, no idea about netifd.