Quectel GNSS errors addition

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jan 12 08:55:02 UTC 2022

Hey Peter,

> I'm looking at the errors returned by some of the GPS operations.  e.g.:
>
> /usr/bin/mmcli -m 0 --command=AT+QGPSEND
> error: command failed:
> 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.MobileEquipment.Unknown:
> Unknown mobile equipment error: 505'
>
> These are documented here:
>
> https://sixfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Quectel_EC25EC21_GNSS_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.1.pdf
>
> This document is allegedly confidential, but I found it with a Google search.

Heh, the wonders of Google search. github public repository searches
are also very useful sometimes.

> Anyway, I can't cut and paste the text easily, but the errors and descriptions
> are on page 30, and run 501-549.
>
> I can probably put together a patch, but I wanted to let you guys know.

The main problem with these errors is that they're not standard 3GPP
errors, they're vendor-specific, and at the moment there is no support
for configuring and enabling vendor-specific error codes. It would be
great to have that support somehow; e.g. so that each plugin can
register at runtime a list of CME errors into the serial parsers so
that they are handled when they are detected. If you're up to doing
that, it would be great.

Cheers!