ANN: ModemManager 1.18.4 released / Avoiding PPP

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jan 12 14:58:05 UTC 2022

Hey,

> > The list of available ports is decided during probing. If probing ends
> > with only 2 TTY ports (as in the log you posted earlier), then QMI
> > will be fully ignored and the net port will never be used. We really
> > need to fix the probing phase so that that doesn't happen. If you
> > could gather a MM debug log while reproducing the problem (not sure
> > how easy it is to reproduce) that would be awesome and much easier to
> > find where the true problem is.
>
> I will try, but one of the problems here is that the QMI messaging
> deubg completely overwhelms the syslog. Is there a way to turn
> that off but maintain all the other logging?

I'm not sure there's an easy way to do that; but in this case we may
also be interested in the QMI messages really, because we also want to
make sure the port probing is working as expected; i.e. if this issue
happens not only upon MM start, also when you power cycle the modem,
it could be that the port probing of the QMI port is not completing
successfully, so even if the ports are reported to MM, they're not
used as MM couldn't verify it's a valid QMI port.