ANN: ModemManager 1.18.4 released / Avoiding PPP

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Jan 13 10:08:44 UTC 2022

Hey Peter,

> > I'm not sure there's an easy way to do that; but in this case we may
> > also be interested in the QMI messages really, because we also want to
> > make sure the port probing is working as expected; i.e. if this issue
> > happens not only upon MM start, also when you power cycle the modem,
> > it could be that the port probing of the QMI port is not completing
> > successfully, so even if the ports are reported to MM, they're not
> > used as MM couldn't verify it's a valid QMI port.
> >

> Here we go.  I may have to increase the ring buffer size; the top is
> the earliest I was able to grab.
>
> Some of the AT commands are coming from an external application using
> mmcli; i wonder if that's confouding MM.

Unfortunately this log is missing the port notifications and the port
probing phase; so we cannot investigate why the QMI port was not
included in the modem object :/
We need the log including the port addition events until the modem
object is created; the connection attempt itself is really not needed
to debug this problem.