H5321gw udev rule

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Jan 19 17:08:54 UTC 2022

Anton Maier <anton.maier at gmail.com> writes:

> Many people who use H5321gw have to adjust the udev rule to:
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=130708
>
> maybe this should be done on default?
>
> Secondly i have very low connection speed and i tried all kinds of things.
> Is there maybe anything else i can do?
>
> options cdc_ncm prefer_mbim=N

No objection, but...

I believe this modem should work fine in MBIM mode too. At least it used
to work a long time ago.  This modem was the testing ground for those
weird dual NCM/MBIM functions.

Do you happen to have any MM logs showing how it fails with MBIM?  I
seem to remember that the modem had a pretty small wMaxControlMessage.
Did we somehow lose compatibility with that?  Or is there anything else
going wrong?

Bjørn