3gpp-set-eps-ue-mode-operation fails to set some options

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Jul 9 12:21:36 UTC 2022

Qualcomm used to publish parts of their QMI related docs, both through the Code Aurora Gobi project and as part of a separate open developer program they had. But they changed their policies in 2013 or thereabout. So we don't have access to anything newer. I assume the documents are still maintained internally, and available to partners under strict NDA.

IMHO this is bad both for Qualcomm and for the open source community. But it's obviously within their rights to do.

Let's appreciate the open period they had, and hope they eventually realize how much they gained doing that. There would not have been any QMI driver or libqmi if those documents were unavailable back then..

Bjørn