Linux system cannot use the data connection

Filip Kubicz filip.kubicz at tier.app
Fri Jul 15 13:29:30 UTC 2022

I love the example :D
However...

# wget
http://193.63.62.31/sites/default/files/publications/civic_renewal_forms.zip
--1970-01-04 01:19:23--
http://193.63.62.31/sites/default/files/publications/civic_renewal_forms.zip
Connecting to 193.63.62.31:80...
failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

--1970-01-04 01:21:36--  (try: 2)
http://193.63.62.31/sites/default/files/publications/civic_renewal_forms.zip
Connecting to 193.63.62.31:80... failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

--1970-01-04 01:23:50--  (try: 3)
http://193.63.62.31/sites/default/files/publications/civic_renewal_forms.zip
Connecting to 193.63.62.31:80... failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

ModemManager still reports
           |                   state: connected
           |             power state: on
           |             access tech: lte
           |          signal quality: 100% (cached)

Bearer statistics:

  Statistics     |       duration: 77790
                     |       bytes tx: 3300828
                     |       attempts: 1
                     | total-duration: 77790
                     | total-bytes tx: 3300828

I got the information from operator that:
Super SIM and the network allow only one active application bearer at a
time so the second bearer will be automatically canceled and ModemManager
may get confused.

Are the 2 bearers expected? I think since some version between 1.12 and
1.14 ModemManager shows initial bearer and actual bearer. Correct?
So what could be the real problem in this case? (all logs attached to the
first message)

Kind regards,
Filip