APN Authentication: allowed-auth=pap|chap

Amol Lad Amol.Lad at 4rf.com
Thu Jun 30 10:51:02 UTC 2022

Hi Aleksander,

Please advise regarding this. From the logs I can see that if "allowed-auth=pap|chap" then CHAP is tried first. But if that fails then who will try PAP? Is this modemmanager's responsibility or modem shall do it internally?

Basically, I'm finding that if APN supports "PAP Only" authentication then "allowed-auth=pap|chap" does not connect and returns error. It works fine if "allowed-auth=pap"

(I'm trying with MM 1.18.8 & EM7565 in MBIM mode)

Thanks

Amol