fibocom: Minimum PDP context ID

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Tue Mar 8 14:54:52 UTC 2022

Hi,

On 3/8/22 15:21, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, in Intel chipset based modems, CID=0 is used to
> handle the initial default EPS bearer; i.e. the bearer that gets
> automatically setup when the modem gets registered in the network. If
> +GTRNDIS isn't able to handle attempting a connection over that
> bearer, we should definitely try to use CID>=1 instead. This is
> probably something to handle in the Fibocom plugin itself.

I believe you're right that I'm looking at the default EPS bearer. What
would be the simplest way to only use CID>=1 for Fibocom modems? The
fibocom plugin uses the default connect_3gpp method for context
selection, configuration etc. Is there a simple way to restrict the CID?

Speaking of the default EPS bearer, should ModemManager be aware of that
bearer somehow, i.e. list it as an active bearer object etc?

Best regards,
Sven